Everyone: Meet Sarah Buente.
Sarah is one of our awesome team members who specializes in coordinating all the moving parts that go into campaigns, presentations, infographics — well, basically all of our marketing projects. She is super organized, and never misses a deadline.
10 Questions with Sarah
- Describe your role on the USGBC Marketing Team: As a Marketing Project Coordinator, I help manage marketing projects from conception to completion, translating design direction into visually compelling creative. I collaborate with and manage internal/external designers, stakeholders, program liaisons and third-party vendors to create marketing collateral that elevates USGBC’s brand. I also help conceptualize and design digital, multimedia and graphic assets.
- Favorite sport: Soccer, aka the beautiful game, aka fùtbol.
- If you could sing one song at Karaoke Night, what would it be? Piece of My Heart by Janis Joplin.
- Zodiac sign: Pisces.
- How do you stay inspired at work everyday? Knowing that I am supporting a mission that I am passionate about is uplifting. I am also surrounded by some incredibly talented people on my team and the creative work we collaborate to produce keeps me inspired daily!
- You were just gifted a yacht: what would you name it? I’d name it after my favorite book & movie of all-time, Gone with the Wind.
- Best book you’ve read in the past year: This is like choosing your favorite child for me! I’m currently reading my way through the New York Times “1001 Books to Read Before You Die” list, and I’ve knocked off 710 books. My favorite from this year has been “The Red Queen” by Margaret Drabble. My favorite new book on the list was “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time” by Mark Haddon.
- Favorite guilty pleasure TV show to watch: Law & Order: SVU.
- 3 things you’d take with you to a deserted island: a soccer ball, sunscreen and a fishing rod.
- Biggest fear: I am terrified of spiders, snakes… and squirrels.
Our innovative Studio team is comprised of marketing strategists, digital analysts, designers and developers. This supergroup is responsible for making sure that USGBC communicates with the world in the most effective and compelling way while maintaining our standards of sustainability. The only way we can accomplish this is through collaboration. Glad you guys took the time to meet Sarah — stay tuned to meet the rest of our talented team members!