Everyone: Meet Annie Butler.
Annie is a member of our innovative Studio team who specializes in managing marketing and communications projects. She has the capacity to juggle endless projects at once, manage deadlines and expectations and, most importantly, she keeps us all on track.
10 Questions with Annie
- Describe your role on the USGBC Marketing Team: I’m the marketing project manager for the team, which means that I assign and review all the projects coming in, as well as manage projects myself. It’s always fun to see something that starts as an idea or vision come to life as a beautiful (and functional) marketing piece.
- If you could sing one song on American Idol, what would it be? I would like to think I could do a pretty sweet rendition of the Tina Turner version of “Proud Mary.”
- Do you believe in aliens? I guess anything is possible?
- If you could meet any celebrity, who would it be? Elvis. A trip to Graceland is on my travel list.
- How do you contribute to USGBC’s sustainable efforts in your personal life? I walk to and from work every day, and try my best to put my trash into the correct bins after lunch.
- Best movie: “Rear Window”
- Who inspires you? My parents, they’re the best.
- Favorite quote or mantra: “My hope still is to leave the world a bit better than when I got here.” – Jim Henson
- 3 things you’d take with you to a deserted island: My Kindle, some SPF 30 sunscreen and a bottomless box of cereal.
- Most visited website for inspiration: Feedly, it collects all of my blog loves in one place for easy reading.
Our innovative Studio team is comprised of marketing strategists, digital analysts, designers and developers. This supergroup is responsible for making sure that USGBC communicates with the world in the most effective and compelling way while maintaining our standards of sustainability. The only way we can accomplish this is through collaboration. Glad you guys took the time to meet Annie — stay tuned to meet the rest of our talented team members!