What’s on your desk directly influences your work habits and creativity. What does your workspace look like? Are you neat or are you messy?
Our staff photographer and marketing project manager Ana Ka’ahanui has some creative and inspirational items she likes to keep at arm’s length. Check them out below!
- Yogi tea bags – While we are extremely fortunate to have coffee and tea provided in our staff kitchen, I keep a steady supply of Yogi Green Tea Super Antioxidant at my desk. I can prepare the tea hot or cold depending on my mood and the bonus is that each tea bag has an inspirational phrase attached.
- Tervis Cup – I love this brand because you can prepare hot and cold drinks in them. They come in all kinds of fun and funky styles. The colorful designs always brighten my day.
- Portable external hard drive – I deal with photo files every day and the portable drive allows me to exchange images and video clips easily with colleagues since email can be cumbersome.
- Push pins – Being a visual person, I love to tack up photo and video specs, things to do, reminders, important dates and numbers, project lists, etc.
- Happy knick-knacks – My Zen Dog statue puts me at ease when I need a moment of calm. Being from the Aloha State, I like to keep reminders of home on my desk, like my solar-powered Hula Girl. They always put a smile on my face, especially when the DC weather is not as perfect as it is in paradise.
Are there things you keep on your desk to help make your workflow successful? Don’t forget to check out our first #WOYD post, too!